N.B. Not all news are duplicated in English
version of the web-site. Full list of news may be seen at Ukrainian
or Russian sections of the site.
- 24.12.2012. A full report
in Russian on the project “Fauna of Bats as an Indicator of
the Most Valuable Natural Complexes in Chernobyl Exclusion Zone
Worthy of Legislative Protection (Ukraine)” was placed at the
- 21.12.2012. The counter of UCEBA web-site fixed
- 08.12.2012. Home pages of L. Godlevska, A.
Gukasova, K. Kravshenko, A. Vlaschenko, V. Tyschenko were renewed.
New PDF publications were added.
- 19.09.2012. A page with reporting
information on the International Bat Night - 2012 in Ukraine
- 09.09.2012. Opening of the photo-gallery on
bat research expeditions made
in different years to different regions of Ukraine – landscapes,
people, caves and bats.
- 15.08.2012. A page with even schedule of the
International Bat Night
in Ukraine - 2012 was added.
- 25.03.2012. Information at home pages of A. Gukasova,
A. Vlaschenko was renewed. PDF of the new publication (Vlaschenko,
Gukasova, 2011) was added to the library.
- 24.02.2012. Information at home pages of M. Ghazali,
L. Godlevska and I. Dzeverin was renewed.
- 21.01.2012. A new publication appeared —
"Bats as a symbol of a good fortune".
- 09.01.2012. Information at home pages of M. Ghazali
and I. Dzeverin was renewed.
- 29.12.2011. Facebook
page about bats in Ukrainian/Russian was created. Join us!
The page is opened also for all viewers.
- 28.11.2011. Recently UCEBA has become a member
of the BatLife Europe — an international NGO built from a partnership
of national bat conservation organisations that are committed
to promoting the conservation of all bat species and their habitats
throughout Europe. The total number of BatLife Europe partners
is 28, in 26 countries of Europe. More about BatLife — at
- 27.11.2011. During this year our counter has
crossed twice a mark of ten thousands. For today a number of visitors
of the site exceeds already 40000! And this concerns only counted
ones (the counter fixes not all entries). We thank site visitors
for their non-indifference and their help to bats.
- 07.11.2011. A new home-page, of Ksenia
Kravchenko, was added. Info at some other home pages was renewed.
- 02.09.2011. Home-pages of A. Vlaschenko,
L. Godlevska, A. Gukasova and M. Ghazali were renewed.
- 11.08.2011. Bat Conservation International
announced about the beginning of the 2012 Student Research Scholarship
Program. Information’s available here.
- 10.08.2011. A new home-page, of Anatoliy
Bilushenko, was added.
- 12.05.2011. PDFs of Russian versions of two
issues of EUROBATS Publication Series, on
protecting and managing underground sites for bats and on
protection of overground roosts for bats, were added to the
- 26.04.2011. A home-page of Aliaksei
Shpak, our Belarusian colleague, was added. Welcome!
- 26.03.2011. An illustrated description of the
research project on the inventory of summer bat population at
some reserved territories of Ukraine was added — to
- 20.03.2011. PDF of the new article by A. Vlaschenko
with colleagues (2010) was added to the library.
- 18.03.2011. A home-page of Oleksandr
Kusnezh was added.
- 14.03.2011. PDF of the new article by V. Buchko
with colleagues (2011) was added to the library.
- 23.02.2011. Home-pages of A. Vlaschenko,
S. Gaschak, L. Godlevska, A. Gukasova, M. Ghazali,
I. Dzeverin were renewed. PDF of the new article (Vlaschenko,
Gukasova, 2010) was placed in the library.
- 23.02.2011. The
website of the 12th European Bat Research Symposium (will
be held in Vilnius, Lithuania on 22-26 August 2011) is available.
- 01.02.2011. A home-page of Mykhailo
Drebet was added.
- 02.01.2011. For those who visit caves a
fact-sheet on white nose syndrome in bats is available.
- 31.12.2010. So, there are 24 hours remained
to the New Year — Year of the Bat in Europe. We congratulate all
visitors of this web-site with the beginning of the new year.
Let it will be happy to all of you and, of course, for bats :)
More details about year of the bat are available here.
- 30.12.2010. About statisctics of vizits and
vizitors of this web-site — here.
- 27.12.2010. "Library
for experts" was renewed with PDF of A. Shpak's
- 05.12.2010. The list of useful links
- 30.11.2010. A PDF file of the reference book
"Fauna of Ukraine: conservation
categories" was added to the library.
- 04.10.2010. One more photogallery was added
— about bat research in the Chernobyl zone. Look here.
- 04.10.2010. Descriptions of three research
projects in Eastern Ukraine were placed – on bats in crevices,
long-term bat studying in Gomolashaskie forests and on monitoring
of bats in artificial caves of Kharkov Province. Look
- 28.09.2010. Web-link to the national report
of Ukraine on implementation of EUROBATS Agreement for the period
of 2006-2010 was placed.
- 03.09.2010. At the web-site PDF version of
the booklet concerning
lissaviruses in European bat species was placed (in Ukrainian)
with an annotation
of the booklet contents in English.
- 26.01.2010. PDF of a new article by S.
Gaschak with colleagues (2009) was placed in the library.
- 16.01.2010. PDF of a new article by À.
Vlaschenko (2009) was placed in the library.
- 15.01.2010. PDF of a new article by I.
Zagorodniuk (2009) was placed in the library.
- 12.01.2010. A short resume
on the project about collaboration between bat-workers and
public health authorities was placed.
- 22.11.2009. The site counter has fixed 20001th
visit of the site. We sincerely hope that information at this
web-site appeared to be useful not only for visitors but for bats
- 08.11.2009. Information
about bat ringing was placed.
- 01.10.2009. A home-page of Alyona
Gukasova was placed. PDF of the new article (Vlaschenko, Gukasova,
2009) was added to "Methods" section of the library.
- 21.09.2009. Home pages of L. Godlevska,
M. Ghazali were renewed. PDF-version of the communication by V.
Tyshchenko and L. Godlevska (Òèùåíêî,
Ãîäëåâñüêà, 2008) was placed into the site library.
- 21.09.2009. "The 15th International Bat
Research Conference will take place in August 2010 in Prague,
Czech Republic, and that the first announcement on the event is
now available at the web page www.ibrc.cz."
- 21.09.2009. A home-page of Anna
Golenko was placed at the web-site.
- 30.03.2009. Home pages of A. Vlaschenko, L. Godlevska,
M. Ghazali were renewed. PDF-version of the article by A. Vlaschenko
(Âëàùåíêà, 2008) was placed into the site library.
- 13.02.2009. A summary
on key underground bat sites of the continental south of Ukraine
- 03.11.2008. Home page of I. Dzeverin
- 28.10.2008. A page
devoted to bat research in the Chernobyl exclusion zone was renewed
- 15.10.2008. A section "Investigations
and projects" was renewed. Home page of L. Godlevska
- 14.10.2008. PDF
with abstracts and full list
of participants of the 11th European Bat Research Symposium,
of 2008, are available at the web-site of the event.
- 14.10.2008. Information about new competition
for BCI student scholarship may be found at web-site
- 31.08.2008. Home pages of Igor
Zagorodniuk were renewed
- 31.08.2008. The third number in EUROBATS Publication
Series, devoted to consideration of bats in wind farm projects
has issued. PDF of the issue (English version) can be found here
(there are as well PDFs of German and French versions); as well
printed version will be available soon in Ukraine (please, apply
to L. Godlevska or V. Domashlinets).
- 01.03.2008. Home-page of A. Vlaschenko was
renewed. In the section with
publications on bat fauna of Ukraine articles by Godlevska et
al. (2005) and by Zagorodniuk, Postawa (2007) are now available.
- 25.02.2008. In the section "People"
of this web-site a home-page of Sergiy
Gaschak was placed.
- 18.02.2008. Our web-site was visited more than
- 18.11.2007. Previous version of Russian translation
for "Protecting and managing underground sites for bats"
was replaced with newest one. Download here
(2,3 mGb), its smallest PDF version (1,6 mGb) may be downloaded
- 13.10.2007. Russian
translation of "Mitchell-Jones A. J., Bihari Z., Masing
M., Rodrigues L. Protecting and managing underground sites for
bats // EUROBATS Publication Series. - 2007. - ¹ 2. - 38 p."
was placed in the Library.
- 05.10.2007. Terms of the XIth European Bat
Research Symposium are announced -- 18-22 August 2008. Meeting
web-site is here.
- 10.09.2006. A link to National implementation
report of Ukraine for EUROBATS of 2006 is available here.
An article by L. Godlevskaya and A. Kondratenko is available now
in "articles on bat fauna
- 09.09.2006. Bat Conservation International
now accepting applications its 2007 BCI Student Research Scholarships.
Information is available here
An additional info you may receive at web-site
- 28.07.2006. A library of “Articles
on bat fauna of Ukraine” was renewed with à new article of
A.Vlaschenko and A. Naglov.
- 20.06.2006. A new section of bibliographies
in the section “Library for specialists”
was opened with a list of works of Ukrainian zoologists published
- 14.06.2006. A short report on bat census in
Crimean caves was placed in the section “Investigations
and projects”. In the same section information (in Ukrainian)
about first bat-detector workshop of 2000 was published.
- 14.01.2006. A library of “Articles
on bat fauna of Ukraine” was renewed with à new article of
- 13.10.2005. A homepage of Maria Ghazali appeared
at the site. Other homepages were renewed.
PDF-versions of two more articles were placed at the "Articles
on bat faune of Ukraine".
- 25.09.2005. Text of Convention on Biological
Diversity with texts of two more laws of Ukraine concerning bat
conservation were added to "Legislation".
- 13.06.2005. Electonic version of the book "Cave
fauna of Ukraine" was appeared at the site.
- 05.06.2005. Html-versions of text of the booklet
"Cave inhabitants of Crimea need protection" (in Russian)
and a material "A travel to the country to bats" (in
Russian) were placed in the Library.
- 03.06.2005. A html-version of text of the booklet
"Be friendly to bats" (in Ukrainian) was placed in the
- 12.05.2005. The gallery of photoworks of Sergiy
Gladkevich "Live country"
was opened at the site.
- 27.01.2005. UCEBA site got a new design and
a new structure.